Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My First Blog

Hey guys! I've never blogged before so its going to be a little interesting....Anyways we have this class called New Works at we are studying Paul Baker's "9 Elements of Form." We are currently studying space and so I guess right now we are talking about cyberspace. Its crazy how much technology i becoming part of our academics! Soooooo anywho this is quite possibly the COOLEST class I've ever taken. Its an hour and a half of letting your creative juices flow. As many of you know, we just celebrated the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 (yes, I said celebrate because it made us stronger as a country and that is definitely something to celebrate!) In honor of this day in our New Works class we were given the task of reenacting the fall of the tours, the victims perspective.  We laid on the floor with our eyes clossed, mentally getting in the place of "oh my gosh I'm about to die." As we laid our teacher came around and through  flour at us. (thank you Mr. Richards, I baked my shorts into a cake.) This is quite possibly one of the most emotional experiences of my life. I was crying and screaming...but I guess that's what makes Booker T. special. You can have these amazing experiences because, well, you have no holds barred. You can go all out and no one thinks anything of you. You are you, and only you and for that I am so thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment